Lavender has been grown for medicinal and culinary reasons for many centuries.
Dried lavender flowers are harvested during the summer months
when they are at their peak for perfume and properties.
You can find it easily in your garden or parks in this season.
Here are some ideas to use Lavender at home.
Here is the Lavender Tea Recipe
Lavender Flower Tea Recipe
what you need:
3 Tablespoons fresh Lavender flowers or 1 1/2 Tablespoons dried Lavender flower
2 cups boiling water
honey and lemon if desired
To make Lavender tea put the flowers in a teapot or container along with the boiling water allowing them to steep a good 4 to 5 minutes.
Pour into cups straining if necessary to remove the flower buds. Serve Lavender flower tea with honey and sliced lemon.
Lavender Tea Benefits
calming and relaxing.
Great for jangled nerves,
soothing stomach discomforts
Iced Earl Grey Lavender Tea recipe
ACTIVE: 10 MIN
TOTAL TIME: 20 MIN plus cooling
SERVINGS: Makes 8 cups
8 and 1/4 cups boiling water
6 Earl Grey tea bags
1 teaspoon dried lavender flowers (or 6 lavender Earl Grey tea bags)
1/4 cup sugar
Lavender or mint sprigs, for garnish
In a very large heatproof measuring cup, combine 8 cups boiling water with the tea bags and dried lavender flowers; let steep for 10 minutes. Strain the tea and let cool. In a heatproof bowl, combine the sugar with the remaining 1/4 cup boiling water and stir until the sugar dissolves. Add the sugar syrup to the tea and let cool. Serve the tea in tall ice-filled glasses, garnished with lavender or mint sprigs.
※ Lavender is a circulatory and uterine stimulant and lavender teas should be avoided during pregnancy.
Enjoy making your own lavender tea!!
The Benefits of Lavender Flower
1. Benefits of Lavender flowers are often used as a mosquito repellent, remember those ads, right? “From the Original Lavender”. But keep in mind that lavender also has other benefits, as well some of the benefits of lavender flowers:
2. Benefits of Lavender Flowers as Medicine Insomnia, Place a few drops of lavender oil on the pillow that will be used to sleep. Or place the buds dried lavender flowers on the pillow.
3. Benefits of Lavender Flowers as Medicine Headaches. Massage at the temples, behind the neck, and forehead using lavender oil, it can relieve headaches or dizziness that you are experiencing.
4. Benefits of Lavender Flowers for Healing Wounds. The trick is to dilute the lavender Oil by using olive oil or jojoba can. Mix one part lavender Oil with 10 parts of oil. Then apply to the wound.
5. Lavender Flowers benefits for digestive disorders. Drink tea lavender to solve various problems in your digestive system. How, to prepare 1 tablespoon of lavender buds, cook with water until boiling. Use the cooking water to make tea.
6. Benefits of Lavender Flowers to Relieve Stress and Anxiety. Place the lavender plants in a corner of your home, or place the lavender stems in a small vase and place it on the table. Well besides useful to relieve stress, can also repel mosquitoes.